Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead
The Home Depot: January 2018 - February 2019
Helped to create The Home Depot's custom-built warehouse management system.
- Designed inter-team architecture to match inbound product to delivery orders in coordination with the other team leads and solution principles
- Designed the format for our json web token authentication and how to mock them for local development without a sign on server.
- Led the Inbound Team and the Location and User Access Team including mentoring the developers, merging code, and overseeing deployments
- Built the base of the permission system, and authorization for users with Spring Boot
- Refactored our simulation application to make the code base more readable and understandable by grouping helpers and services and creating a PR checklist so developers would maintain the code quality
- Corrected flakey End to End tests in Selenium and CodeceptJS by adding a flakey test detector pre-merge and lint rules to prevent certain commands from being used such as a I.see instead of I.waitForText
- Worked with our teams project manager and UX designer to ensure stories are ready for IPM
- Built an internally shared library for queries and writing data to Google Cloud Spanner to greatly simplify the repository layer in our core services
Consultant (Slalom) converted to staff